Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Paradise Report Day 3: Sun and Sushi



It took till about 2 P.M. Hawaii time for the Rain and clouds to finally start to go away, but at long last they did just that, the total started going away. 

Day 3 in paradise was a lot of phone calls back to the mainland.  It was a lot of looking at my laptop and contemplating if it was a mistake to come over early, because all I was doing was sitting in the room and working.  However, as soon as that Sun started to poke its little head out from behind the clouds, I know without a doubt, the decision I have made was the correct one.  Because it really doesn't get any more beautiful than the Islands when it is sunny. 


The sun struggled to find its way out from behind the clouds.  The clouds were relentless, but our old friend the Sun just kept on coming!

 
 As soon as I saw the sun, I couldn't help but start trying to take pictures of it.  As we all know being a creature of the sun, I need to get as much of it as I possibly can.



And of course,  I suited up and went to lay in it.  Because I has to work on my tan =)  No really, I was going to be pissed if I went home without getting any sun. 



It is really lovely around the hotel, when it isn't all wet.



I thought about getting in the hammock, but we all know how that would end, with me face down in a pile of dirt, not thanks, I will pass. 


After spending a little over an hour outside, I headed back to the room to clean up for dinner and my walk. 

When the sun started breaking through I thought the clouds looked pretty cool.  My picture here doesn't really show it, of course I was snapping and walking b/c I turned my walk to and from dinner into a workout.  30 minutes on the way there (I did loops around the shopping center) and 15 on the way home. 


But ya, the walk was very scenic.  Again, I am shit at taking photos, but I thought it was really nice. 


Look at the blue sky, wow!  Makes you thankful to be alive!!!


I really like the cloud in front of that mountain, I thought that was really cool.  I don't really like the red truck, but oh well, it snuck in my picture. 


I just can't express how beautiful I think that sky is even with the clouds and the sun back there trying to come back through. 


This sushi place kicks ASS!  Really, I went here before with Deb, CP, and Coach Jana and it was awesome. I was very excited to come back.  However, the company was much better that time around.  Don't get me wrong I like myself, and all but those three are awesome!!!! 






AHHHHHHA!  There is its!  Fully breaking through and it was warm as could be.  Hello Sun!  you beautiful Son of a Bitch! Welcome to Hawaii!!!



As I was walking I was like who is that long dude with the tiny head!  Then I realized it was my shadow.  =)  I just thunk it was cool



THE 69 ROLL - no idea why it is called the 69, but it tasted great.  Ya, um... The... well... uh.


The Dragonfly Roll  was pretty fucking bad ass too.  Very tasty.  At first I was like the waitress did me wrong with this, but when I really got into it, I was no, no she did not, this is fucking awesome and it was. 


Anyone who knows me and has eaten fishies with me, knows that my favorite roll of them all is the golden California and this one did not disappoint.  And yes, I housed 3 rolls and they were awesome!  And no I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it!  The sushi was top notch as I remembered it.  I am thinking about going back again, but... I might not.  I am pretty full from lunch still.  I might just sit here and watch the sun go down and get a little room service and watch a movie.



Oh and if you were wondering, yes, as always with sushi I made a big mess.  But, I didn't get anything on my shirt! So that was huge!!!!  Good for me! 

Better yet, Day 3, like Day 2 was a really good day and I was super happy to here!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment