Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2 litros de agua cada mañana


I was watching Food Matters on Sunday.  It was one of several things I watch that day including but not limited to Parks and Recreation, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, and burn notice.  When one of the speakers started talking about proper hydration techniques, and everyone who knows me knows I fear dehydration above all ailments.  David Wolfe is a bit of an extremist in my mind, as he is all raw food.  I will admit I can’t get 100% on-board with all raw, all the time.  It freaks me out a little.  However, that being said some of the things he had to say really spoke to me.  Drink two liters of water each morning first thing before you have coffee, tea, and food, whatever.  Now I drink a shit load of H2O.  I was up to 7 liters a day.  I have cut back to 5 liters b/c I honestly felt like I was drowning myself at 7.  It just didn’t feel right.  The first thing I was doing before the cold was to down a bottle of water before I got in the shower.  So, watching this cat speak I was like I can do two liters each morning ain’t no thang.    The last two mornings I have adopted it and I have to tell you I am liking it a lot.  Yes, I pee like a race horse and sometimes the hour long commute is a stretch.  I mean I practically run into the office and piss like a race horse, but a guy has to do what a guy has to do.  The last two days I have felt really fucking good.  You would have never guess yesterday was a Monday.  I felt great and energized.  Today, I was back at work by 6:45 after leaving at like 9.  Coming back from this cold is taking time.  It really kicked me in the nuts.  However, I am bouncing back.  Slowly but surely I am getting better.  I am starting to take small walks as I can finally breathe again.  I am working with my walking app again.  I mean it got restarted when my phone crashed, so it’s like a brand new program.  I am also back on the smoothies for breakfast.  Getting my kale in!  Again, starting all things very slowly but we are getting back into it.  I am even thinking about challenging myself to out swim myself from last year in Q4.  I have not decided that yet.  Again we are just taking things slow…  however, I do have to run an pee again 2 litros de agua and 3 cups of coffee will do that to a man.  This is like my 5th trip…   oh well… happy last day of the quarter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment