Tuesday, October 7, 2014

the top three on the Problem List


The flow of creativity has been little to none lately.  Sometimes life is like that I guess.  It ebbs and flows.  I was in the office this morning cleaning up my desk, getting ready for the great company move, and also throwing away everything I have that is finance related.  Glad to get rid of that shit.  As I am going through the list, I came across the paper included in the photo.  It was the cover sheet from my last doctor’s visit.  Let me tell you when I read the first three things, I couldn’t have been prouder. 

No that is actually a lie.  I was not proud; I actually got very, very sad.  I love the fact that the first thing my doctor lists about me is a problem list and starting off the list is Morbid Obesity.   Look, I know I am fat.  I know am unhealthy fat.  I know better than anyone else how disgusting I look.  I am the one who has to look at me each morning in the mirror.  I am the one who sees me naked.  Well, me and my cleaning people and the one time I didn’t know my roommate was home, oops…  However to read it on a form from your doctor somehow makes it worse.  As if were a secret.  I don’t know why it made me sad, but it did.  The truth is I normally don’t feel like a fatty, but right now, it is all I can think about. 

Then there is the Essential Hypertension.  I read this using the only definition of essential I know and that is necessary.  I am like what the fuck.  I have necessary hypertension how does that make any sense at all.  Then I go and I google the word essential and it also means that “(of a disease) with no know external stimulus or cause, idiopathic. So, I go and google idiopathic and it says its meaning is “relating to or denoting any disease or condition that arises spontaneously or for which the cause is unknown.”  And I am like HELLO fuckers you just said I was morbidly obese.  So isn’t that the reason I most likely have “Essential Hypertension”?  I mean isn’t the essential really obvious.  I mean after all I have been fat most of my life.  Then again, I didn’t get hypertension till I started working my last job.  So, that would lead one to think it is related to stress b/c everyone knows in my last job I took a jolly rogering over everything that went wrong with that place.  So, if we know we had lots of stress and we are morbidly obese then don’t we have essential figured out? 

I know I have acid reflux.  I have battled acid most of my adult life.  So why can’t we just call it that, Acid?  Acid doesn’t sound too bad does it?  No no no, though we have to call it GERD.  And well GERD just sounds so bad.  It sounds like my limbs are going to start falling off or something.  I don’t know.  I just don’t like it.

As a matter of fact I hate all three.  I hate being a fat, high blood pressure having, acid bomb.  I wish I could sit here and say, you know we are going to change it.  However, I wonder if we ever are.  Every morning when I get up, I think about eating.  Hungry or not.  Fully tummy or not, I just want to eat.  Two bagel, bacon, and egg sandwiches later, I have done it.  If I am feeling really lazy, I will get McDonalds, so I don’t have to get out of the car.  Some mornings, I make it out of San Jose without eating, and I drink the proper Smoothie, I have made for myself.  Those mornings are few and far between.  I am just not feeling right now.  Perhaps this cold took more out of me than I realized.  Maybe those nights laying bed stoned to the balls on cough syrup changed me and took away my gift of hope, b/c I don’t see a lot right now.  Then again, they do say it is always darkest before a dawn.  So maybe this is just the blackest part of night and it will pass with the rising of a new sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment