Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 1 and keeping the message in mind!!!!



The message is pasted to my bathroom mirror.  It is in my car (see above) and it is on my desk now as well.   I have to keep in the for front of my mind that I have a goal and I have to work towards it.  I think the message in the car is super, b/c after all it is the car that takes me to get food.  If I can keep it focused in my mind then I will make better choices. 

Day 1 was sort of hard!  I know that sounds dumb, and maybe I am crazy, but I think my body knows it is in for a change.  I had a headache all day yesterday and my nerves were a live wire.  Now not eating lunch until 1:15 didn't help, especially, after having breakfast at 7.  That is all badness.  However, sometimes duty calls, and the kid had to be on the telephone. 

However, yesterday at each meal we won.  For breakfast we did a special order at specialties yesterday.  So that I only got an egg and bacon.  No butter, not cheese, not bread, none of those things I normally love.  Lunch there was more meat and a little bit of salad.  Dinner there was yet more salad, yes that is right, I ate salad twice yesterday, hopefully, this is the start of a new trend.  Finally, I had a burger for dinner last night.  Just a meat patty, whole foods style with grilled onions, avocado, some mayo, mustard, tomatoes, green leafy lettuce.  I made it thru day 1 and when I went to bed last night, I went with a smile on my face.  I was happy.  I was happy that was able to maintain for one day.  Since we are taking this one pound at a time and day by day, I would say we are off to a great start. 

Even though this a.m. there were more challenges.  Apparently, lady at Specialty's didn't put my order in right and when I was expecting open a box of a sausage patty and an egg, I was surprised to find a breakfast sandwich!  complete with Ciabatta Bread and Cheese!

Look Billy b from Sunday would have said oh well, one more time won't hurt me.  However, I said no no no... And I scrapped off the cheese and pushed the bread to the side. 

 
 
Then I went about my business eating the egg and sausage.  It was ok.  I know I can't just eat eggs, bacon, or Sausage each morning.  However, it will do until I get to the store this weekend and can do some proper planning.  I was happy to say I wasn't tempted by the bread or cheese and when I was don my plate looked like this:
 


Take that cheese and bread, and now you mother fuckers are in the trash!!!!

So, we are going to keep it up today... need to find a place to get some good protein and greens. 

All the while keeping one thing in mind Jeans in January of 2015!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment