Wednesday, September 10, 2014

365 Days in the making… I have now blogged for a year, and I am getting better!!!!




365 Days in the making…  I have now blogged for a year, and I am getting better!!!!

This isn’t going to be the blog I want to write, it is the going to be the blog I am able to write.  Unfortunately, I have been down the last four days with a really bad sinus infection and quite frankly it has kicked my ass all over the place.  I felt human for the first time in days last night when I had some spicy hot and sour soup.  Literally with each slurp of soup a trickle of sweat would form on my face and it felt wonderful.  I thought the infection was breaking last night.  So I turned my bathroom into a steam room.  It was nice.  Like I was at the Spa and it helped. 

So I had such good luck with my bathroom spa last night, I decided to go to the Gym today and do a little treat.  First, I would get in the hot tub.  Hot tub. Full full of water. Will it make me sweat? Will it make me wet? Make it cooler. Gonna make me sweat. Here I go. Gonna get in the hot tub. ...  Thank you Eddie Murphy you were even funnier before you gave up the word fuck, but I guess we all change don’t we.  I mean you don’t want to say fuck for your daughters sake, but you will get caught with a Transvestite Hooker no problem. 

After hot tubing I would take some steam.  Just sit in the steam room for 20 minutes.  Seems easy enough right? 

However, as I was walking to my car a strange but humorous thought hit me.  Am I really going to walk into my new gym, which I have not even officially been to yet as a member, walk into the locker room, and get but ass naked and take a shower?  So then I could get in the Hot tub, Rub a dub dub in a hot tub.  Then walk my fat naked ass over to the steam room and enter and sit down but ass naked?  By the way you are totally thinking about me naked right now aren’t you?  Don’t lie.  Somehow I felt this approach was all wrong.  However, I needed my neck muscle to loosen up.  I need my ear to drain.  I need to do it.  Hell and I wanted to do it. I would want to go swim right now if I could.  Hold on have to change seats sitting on the couch is killing my back, on the flex ball now, much better.

So, I drove over to the new gym.  I walked in my shorts and t-shirt and flip flops and I went into the locker room and I got but ass naked, took a shower with a few old dudes and then I got into the hot tub.  It did make me sweat.  I got into the hot tub and it made me wet.  I was going to try to stay in the hot tub for 20 minutes.  I only made it 15.  Then I went to take some steam.  The goal was to take 20 minutes of steam as well.  After about five I had to get the fuck out of the steam room. 

What happened next I can’t really explain, but I literally think I cooked myself?  No shit.  I am not lying.  I cooked my insides.  Because all the sudden walking out of the steam room my body went into a weird state.  It went into the same state of being that my body used to go into when I gave blood.  Listened to a speech about needles or giving blood. 

I had a sudden burst of adrenalin.  I want to run shout and scream from the top of every mountain I could find.  However, the burst was quickly followed by cold sweats and a swelling feel in my tummy.  I went to my locker and sat down on the bench and I was like fucking Christ man I am going to pass out and shit myself.  I have no idea why I was sure I was going to shit myself, but I was.  My stomach in this state always has something to say.  I have been lucky enough to always make it to a throne.  Where I sit, go, and sweat, and don’t get back up until I am calmed, empty, and feeling like I could walk out of the dump (no pun intended). 

I got up and walked back into the shower, I went to the hand capable stall, laid out a gym towel and sat down.  Then I turned ice cold water on myself and brought my core temperature back to normal.  I can only imagine what the two old dudes showering must have thought about me slumped but naked in the hand capable stall.  I have no idea.  I don’t really care either.  Chances are I won’t be seeing them again.  After the core temp came back down, I went and got a cold water (After I dressed of course, thinking about me naked again aren’t you?)  I drank it down on the way home.  Decided hot tea was off the menu for now and I was better suited to drink as much water as I could.  I have drunk four liters since that point.

Also, my ear popped a little bit ago.  Hopefully that means it will rain the bad gunky down my throat and I can get rid of this Gods be damned infection. 

I wanted today’s blog to be special.  I wanted to make a big parade of all the great things we did in the last year.  However, after writing this, I think this is perfect.  After all it does show I am living my life.  Taking care of myself and moving onto the next step of the game of life.

 

It has been a great fucking year.  New job, working for someone who I love, and who appreciates the finite skill set I offer.  Dealt with my demons head on and never back away from them.  I forgive myself and others, and all thought not completely forgotten, I am ever so slight shuffling forward.  Taking one baby step at a time and I am living the life I want to live and I am exactly where I need to be one year into this.  More to come!  I wish Long Days and Pleasant Nights!  And…

 

 

 
The TOWER is Closer

No comments:

Post a Comment