Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Now that is what they call the "Double Deuce!" (A burr cut story)


 

When you see that hair and beard in the mirror and think oh my god, I look like a freaking hippy, what can you really do? 

You can go see you friendly neighborhood barber that is what you can do.  You walk in there and tell him son, I look like a hippy, “see how long this hair is?”  It won’t due, son, it won’t due at all.  No you realize you are telling this to a 50 plus year old Asian man, but no matter that.  You talk in your best southern draw, which with you shitty impersonation probably comes out quite British.  You tell him straight, last time we didn’t go short enough and this time we need to do the “Deuce Deuce” or as I prefer to call it the “Double Deuce”! 

First thing you need to know about the “Double Deuce” or the number 22, is it is my favorite number of all time.  Ask me why I will tell you it is simple it is two two’s.  Which means it is perfect.  Everyone loves a good deuce, and for once I am not trying to talk about crap.  I mean what other number can be called “Double Deuce” or “Deuce Deuce”.  Not too many, well actually none.  My love affair with the ole double deuce started when I was 18.  Something I and my boy CK used to do. Every time he would say 22 I would you mean the “the ole double deuce eh?”  Now you have to remember 18 was a very confusing time for me.  I was graduating high school and things like the word Sign in math class made me do a little dance number to the Ace of Base song.  Tangent made me think of monkey’s running. Co-tangent made me think of monkey’s running backwards. 

When I got to IU after graduating from high school The Double Deuce became my nickname.  Before my fraternity dad was my fraternity dad I told him I was an accounting major.  He asked me if that was because I like numbers.  I said sure.  He asked if I had a favorite, and I was like Duh, it is the Double Deuce.  He said like two two’s.  I said is there any other kind of 2?  I think a friendship was born that day.  Nickname for sure.  I bet if I bumped into or call Kyle Hoagie up right now he would call me Double Deuce, Deuce, or Chili Palmer, the last is another story of drunken debauchery, a monkey, a women, and a gravity bong.  Ask me about it some time.  The point is that during college I was known as the Double Deuce and it was because of a pooping incident. 

What the best part of sitting in the barber’s chair was and ordering the Double Deuce was he knew exactly what I meant.  Even though I have never had this cut from before, curious?  Look, the last time I rolled with the Double Deuce was 2005 I think.  Pitt was sporting in Ocean’s 12 and I was damn, I used to roll that way back in the day, so I can do it again. 

Look the Double Deuce as a hair style is quite simple.  They give you a two guard on top.  Then they give you a two guard on the face.  I think we have established what two two’s are right?  It is the Double Deuce.  As seen below:

 
Look the truth is I know I have been off.  The path has been rougher than I ever imagined it could be.  However, I bounce back faster than I ever have before. I won’t let this week get the best of me.  No matter how much I want to go back, I know I can’t.  I know the only path is the one forward, wherever that might lead.  I believe in the will KA.  I believe in the power of fate and destiny.  I know we are a year later.  A year from the beginning of this blog or pretty damn close to the time I decided no more waiting it is time to start living.  The inspiration I had to do that will never be forgotten.  Never, it is still so important to me, even now.  WE must find the way forward.  We must continue on the path, and KA will lead us to where we need to go.  We will sing our song of triumph (Ves-ka Gan) in the red fields of Can'-Ka No Rey.

No comments:

Post a Comment