Sunday, September 9, 2018

rest



Tired...

For the first time in my life not working out over a weekend I don’t feel lazy, or like I did something wrong.  I am not beating myself up about it.  I am just accepting it as is.  I just got in plenty of movement this weekend: cleaning, working with Kona, cooking, meal prep, and stretching.   Hey man exercise is any movement of the body so suck it. 

My body is screaming at me that it is tired.   So I respected it.  I listened to what it was telling me and I chilled.  I enjoyed a lot of time with Kona.  I got to watch some good college football.  I also got to watch the opening day of the NFL.  Colts are bums, but then again I don’t think any of us thought the Colts wouldn’t be bums.  So I am ok with that.

I made a pot roast today. I got up at 7 a.m. and filled the crock pot.  Then around 2 this afternoon in my other crock pot I made lasagna.  It is supposed to take like 15 minutes to put together but 46 minutes later, I got it done.  I guess the instructions are smarter than I am.  However, I did do some Billy b mods.  I added mushrooms and diced spinach to the ground beef.  I also added some left over provolone cheese I had.  I am not sure that is such an add-in as just getting rid of what was in the fridge.   

Overall nice weekend, except I burnt the shit out of my tongue on the roast when I took it out of the over.  Stupid me, why on earth would a potato that has been in a crockpot 10 hours be hot, how could that be?  Laundry is almost done, and the dog is worn out.  Good weekend in deed.  Tomorrow we get back to it.  Think I will stick with a 1200 swim when I go back to the pool.  I jumped from 900 to 1800 quick.  I will just listen to the body when I get in.  As long as I get my half in and my ring closed that is all that matter.  Everything else is just icing on the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment