Sunday, September 30, 2018

AFH: September 29 - Take your time. Find Space to just breathe and be still

I am not good at these weekend ones at all... One of my biggest things ever has been to be able to just sit down, stop, and smell the roses.  I struggle with taking time out.  I fill my weekends with mindless tasks, laundry, packing dog food, cooking, swimming, cleaning this thing or that, it is rare that I find time to just sit down.

Well yesterday I got a little time to do just that.  After my 1200 yard swim, I just sat in the pool and took it all in.  I smelled the chlorine (which for most people is an awful smell but for this swimmer it smells like success and hard work), I looked at the pillars and plants around the pool, and I felt the cool and refreshing water against my skin.  I love the pool.  It is my true home. I could stay in there all day. The time to sit an breathe was short lived. 

The rest of the day was spend cleaning and getting things ready for guests, researching meals to make, shopping, and playing with Kona Beast.

Shiner gets here in a few hours.  We will see how Kona does with another dog in the house for a while.  We get to have a dry run of getting her a brother by having Ms. Shiner here for a while.  I am excited but worried at the same time.  Kona is great when dogs come to play.  However, she has he spaces in the house that she doesn't even like me to mess with.  I am sure all will be well.  Shiner was here when Kona first got here, and last time she visited a little over a year ago, they were BFF's.  However, Kona is on strict training these days and I must be careful to make sure I don't let her regress. 

Well I am going to get some last minutes of peace in before the double dog agenda starts and the NFL red zone gets turned on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment