Friday, September 7, 2018

36 x 25




36 x 25

Some days you have to listen to your body.   Some days you have to listen to your mind.  Some days you have to listen to both.  Today I listened to my body.  If I looked at my swim Schedule it said to do a 1500 split between 500 free, 500 back, and 500 boob.  No one gave me that schedule.  I didn’t write it down. It was just the natural progression Friday should be a smaller workout than Wednesday which was a mile, but not a total slack off, but Saturday is a big swim, shooting for another mile.  However, my body has told me the last two days, you are tired. I have over slept.  I have moved with bounce in my step of a slug.  I ache from head to toe.  Upping my pool game has been great but exhausting.  So, I said ok, we are going to take it easy.  No fast Friday for me.  We are going to crank out a half mile and see how we feel.  So, I did my Friday work out that normally consists of 25’s (once down the pool) 20 second rest, and then another.  A half mile is 36 x 25, give or take a yard here or there.  So I did 300 free, 300 back, and 300 boob.  It felt really good.  My free was strong today and steady.  Back was back and Breast I just slowed it down and made sure I did some good strokes.  Yes, I am one hell of a stroker after all.  I am still really tired.  I don’t know what I will swim tomorrow.  Maybe a mile, maybe a half, not sure, don’t care, I will take it as it comes.  All that really matters is that I move and feel good with what I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment