Sunday, November 15, 2015

Not a blog



I got on here to talk about a year ago today.  To talk about what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.  However, I think given what has been going on in the world; I can spare the world some whining about the highs and lows of my eating disorder. 
 
Paris broke my heart on Friday.  There are no words to describe the atrocity that the French and humanity felt on Friday.  I have nothing inspiring to say about it.  I have no words of heeling.  I can just say it makes me very sad that the world is such a fucked up place.  

Then I started watching the Walking Dead on Friday night and somehow I find that very fitting show to watch with all the hate and sadness going on in the world.  I think it is a perfect look at the failure of man.  I have no idea how I became obsessed with the Zombie Apocalypse.  However, I have, I have been circling the Walking Dead TV show for the last year.  I think this finally came to a head when Fear of the Walking Dead started running commercials.  

I am a sucker for a great Post Apocalypse story: Cell; The Stand; and the Dark Tower Series are just a few that come to mind.  So, when I started thinking about the TWD, I figured I would probably like it.  So,  I told myself at 8 PM on Friday night I would watch just one episode and see if I like it, if I don’t or the Zombies scare me, then I won’t watch anymore.  Well, I finished season 1 about 1:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.  I not only loved the TV show, but I was obsessed with it.  I just couldn’t stop watching.  

Saturday became another 15 hours TV binge, only this time I wasn’t watching my normal all day college football bonanza, but rather all of Season 2 of the TWD and the first two episodes of season 3.  I was like a zombie but sitting on the couch in a trance.  The entire show, I keep thinking the lead character Rick just needs to keep his humanity.  He just needs to; he has to keep the dream alive of finding a place where in all the shit of what the world has come, that he could find some place for a good life.  With each episode you watch, you just see that humanity slipping away.  What a great show.  It really has me thinking.  

I am just rambling.  It seems like ever since I had my meds adjusted that is all I do.  I can’t really right anything because my concentration just jumps from one thing to another.  Maybe that is good from a mental perspective, but it isn’t going to help my writing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment