Sunday, November 1, 2015

Billy b Looks At Forty


Yesterday I said good bye to my 30's and welcomed in my 40's.  I know it has been all of 13 hours, but to be honest, I don't really feel much different.  I am actually looking forward to my 40's. I think there going to be better than my 20's and 30's both.  I am planning on making it that way by getting back to my basics: eating well, walking, and doing a little swimming.  

I am not where I wanted to be a year ago.  A year ago today I swore I would be some where doing a triathlon on my 40th birthday and i didn't.  I came hobbling into my 40's instead of running.  However, to say I am not better than I was a year ago, wouldn't be true. 

I know I am better.  I am 30 pounds lighter.  That isn't nearly enough, but it is the first time since 2010 I can say I ended a year lighter than I started it.  So, we push on.  I am taking a medicine that makes me fill fuller and I am eating less.  I am eager and excited about the up coming year. 

I have not grand plan for my 40's.  I am not sure how I am going to get to my goals.  However, I know I will figure it out, b/c I always do.  I am not going to stress over it.  I am going to take  it day by day and relax.  i will figure it out. I am surrounded by some great people, and I know I will figure it out.  I will just keep pushing forward and doing what I got to do. 

The truth is I know what  I NEED to do to get to where I need to.  I need to eat better, relax more, and spend more time doing what I love. 

So, I welcome my 40's in and I ma ready for you.  Here is to a new decade and a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment