Monday, August 31, 2015

Chile Pecho, cerdo tirada, and Pecho 14 horas




This was my Sunday, basically spent it becoming hombre de carne, also known as the meat man!   I am starting to take great pride in my ability to create in the kitchen.  All things I make are 100% Paleo and allowed on the diet I am eating through Reset.  So, not to shabby right?!

Although, I cooked a shit load yesterday and on Saturday too and I have a fridge full of good, the one thing that I am most proud of, and the thing that can make me smile on this Monday morning is the following blurb.

I walked out my front door yesterday at 4:30 PM.  I was supposed to walk an hour and a half yesterday.  I was not going too. I was tired. I slept like shit on Satruday night.  I was up early playing with my meat on Sunday morning.  I didn't think it really matter what I walked.  However, once I was out there, I asked my self one simple question.  A question that Chrissy at Reset had asked me on Friday.  How bad do I want this?  How bad do I want to change my life?  How bad do I want to let go of the past and move to the future and a life worth living?  If yesterday's walk is any indication then I want it pretty bad.  I ended up doing the full hour and a half. I did a 45 minute out and a 45 minute back.  The only problem is when I got back, I was at my house 3 minutes to spare.  That means I negative split the fucking walk.  I got home in 42 minutes, so I just kept walking on by more door. It is time for new doors to open and me to step up on do what I want. 


I injected my 6 pound beef brisket with a butter honey combo. 



Then I started the long 12.5 hour smoke.


Mopped her with olive oil and apple juice two hours in.


Mopping at 4 hours in.



While I was busy smoking



I decided to pull my pork!


Remember that beautiful brisket I made on Saturday and then ripped to shreds, this is what I did with it. 


I put it in the crock pot.


I added diced carrots, peppers, celery, onions.



Then some fire roasted tomatoes.


some tomato paste b/c I like it.


Jalapenos. 



Mix of some tasty spices.


See



And if you have not figured out what I was doing yet, then let me be clear, I added some chili powder to make Chile Pecho!




Time to mop again... started to crust up really nice!


Mmmmm Chili


I needed to mop again but after that walk I had no desire to stand up.  The smoker seemed so far away.



Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  MEAT!

Final Mopping!


190 degrees


Damn near perfection!


Slice it up really nice!



Poor shiner can't get no meat.  Poor, poor, poor puppy.


Dinner!


Dinner with BLT Quiche, ummm can I say AWESOME!  I out did myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment