Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday Night and I am playing with my meat...


Here it is a blog that is 2 hours late.  As part of my new therapy I am supposed to make dates with myself 1 a day and keep them.  My date tonight was supposed to be writing at 7 P.M.  which was just piss poor planning on my part.  First 7 PM is when the dog gets here food.  It is also the time when the Billy gets his food.  So, when 7 came and went today I was working the grill trying to keep the remaining arm hairs intact after last weeks little flame up.  


For anyone who missed it on Facebook last week.  My grill has never ever flamed up on me.  I think she is getting jealous because she has been regulated to a warming oven, and a counter top when needed.  I am sure ever since my smoker showed up she has been feeling a little neglected.  

And if you don't believe I was outside cooking at 7, her is the puppy waiting to her yummies


Stupid Uncle Billy makes me sit here while he cooks good smelling stuff and I have to go eat Dry Kibble.  


What the hell I am cute!  Why don't I get meat!  

Anyway... so I Was going to write after i ate, then i remembered, I had to wash out my new camel back.  I got the Mule, because it is time to get into some mileage.  Well 5 miles for me tomorrow at 3 miles today is some mileage.  We are going to go out in the a.m. and kick a little ass!  Then i realized I hadn't played with my meat yet.  So, I had to do that. 

Tomorrow at 6 a.m. i am getting up and setting my meat out.  I am going to let it warm up for an hour and get to room temperature and then at 7 I am going to start smoking it.  



We have the usual suspects were called in to make a rub.


Ya, it is a good rub!


That right there is a 5 pound boston butt!  Which apparently is the shoulder, so I don't know why it is called a butt.  However, that is the meat I am playing with tonight.


Following the guidance at Civilizedcavemancooking.com I first lubed my meat up with a little mustard.



Then I used my rub on it.  I worked my meat over and over again.





Made a bit of a mess with all my rubbing.  wasn't the first time and it won't be the last.



Damn that is some good looking meat!



I am terrible at wrapping my meat.  I mean I hate cling wrap.  I can never use easily.  It is sticky and it turns over on itself and I used way to much.  I mean really, I hate this shit, I dropped it twice.  I had to wrap my meat over and and over.


Finally we got my meat all wrapped up and put into the fridge where it will rest until six a.m.



Well 6:15 a.m. see if you read till the end you would have caught me in a  lie.  Then 7 a.m. we start the smoking.  

9 a.m. I go out for five miles...

11 a.m. I curl in a ball and cry from walking 5 miles.  

make a BLT Quiche after that...

listen to some AC/DC and make another date with myself.

So far I like this doctor.  She gave me some new meds and some home work.  I see her again in three weeks.  she used to specialize in eating disorders in over weight children, which works well for me because I am an over weight 40 year old child =)

Even though I was flat at the scale today, this was my best week in a while.  I don't think I had any episodes of AFIB until just now when I said that.  Fishy.  I am feeling on the up.  

I think a lot of it goes back to breaking the machine.  breaking the cycle.  looking at the coin from the other side. 

Anyway... tune in tomorrow to see how my smoking and meat turned out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment