Sunday, October 7, 2018

The days in have missed:





10/5 - Focus on a positive change you want to see in society


- I don’t even know how to begin with this one.  I know I will be talking from my head without doing research, so forgive my ignorance if I say something out of line.  Did I think about it yes, yes I did.  How do you change society?  How do you even start to focus on that?  I think there is too much hate in the world and I don’t understand it.  I don’t understand why people hate people based on race, religion, or sexual orientation.  I see one common denominator between all people on this planet and it is either we are all Earthlings.  We aren’t black or white, gay or straight, liberal or conservative, or Jewish, Christian, or Muslim.  We are just Earthlings.  We are men and women of this planet.  You wouldn’t know that if you watched Fox News, or CNN.  When I was a kid the violence on TV was all drug and gang related, with the Cold War looming in the back of all our minds.  Now it is terrorism, an ever growing divide in our politics, and the many threats that are perceived around the world.  There is just too much hate and happiness in the world today.  I can’t stand to watch the news.  I can’t stand to log into Facebook.  I have friends on both sides of the political divide and man; you can’t go two posts without a political comment.  Agree or disagree I just scroll on.  I don’t think posting on Facebook is going to help change the world, or spread your beliefs.  I think most people are like me and just scroll on.  I can’t stop any of this.  Can’t fix the political divide; end the hate, the killing or any of that.  Hell, I can barely take care of two dogs at once.  It’s that I want to do nothing, it’s not like I don’t care, but I do want to make the world a better place.  I want to push the happiness agenda. 

So what can I do?  I can change my environment.  I can really work on the action for happiness plan.  I can commit to being happy.  I can impact those around me in a positive way.  I can focus on my health.  I can continue to bring balance into my life.  Make three meals a day a priority.  I can work on my life’s purpose and start working towards my dream.  I can make my world and my community a better more positive place to be.  I will start that this week by doing my pledge for happiness and continuing to follow the AFH calendar. 


10/6 - Take the first step towards a goal that really matters to you


- I took this step. I came up with a title for my personal movement. I’m not ready to share it at this moment in time. It is in process and I’m trying to determine my next action items. I will tell you it has making a commitment to happiness in it. It also has living life and not sitting around waiting on that aha moment to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment