Wednesday, October 3, 2018

18.5 weeks and counting....







Who would have thunk it... I was down with an ear infection.  I was in the worst pain I can remember.  I couldn't sleep.  I couldn't work.  However, I stuck it out and I closed the the three rings on my watch and I was proud.  It became an obsession.  Something I had to make sure I got in every day. 

Rings, wtf, is this dude talking about?  I forget sometimes that not everyone in the world wears and Apple watch.  I om of the open that maybe we should or at least something similar.  To me it is motivation on my wrist and I dig it.  There are three rings on an apple watch:  Move, Exercise, Stand.  There is one goal: Close them all. 

Stand Ring is easy.  It is simply stand up for at least one minute for 12 hours a day.  Most people who get out of bed in the morning can do this one without even trying.

Exercise Ring - this shows how many minutes a day you do a brisk activity.  While I have some issues with Apple's definition of brisk, they don't consider a 500 pounder like me walking for four blocks activity, I have learned to work with it.   My exercise goal is 30 minutes a day.


Move Ring - the watch tracks your active calories burned.  So cleaning, taking out the trash, showering, etc.. gets picked up here.  This is different from what your body actually burns at rest.  I Set my to 1390 calories a day. 

For the last 18.5 weeks I have done this.  I have exercised in some form or fashion.  Moved actively for 1390 calories, and stood for 1 minute in 12 different hours a day and you now what I feel really really good about it. 

Going to the pool 5 or 6 times a week isn't something I have to plan for.  It isn't a burden that has to be done.  It is just what I do.  I go, I walk or swim, I kick ass and conquer.  Do I always want to go, no, but do I go yes, yes I do.  I love the water.  I need the water for my head space.  To clear it and refresh it. 

The other days I play Bocce Ball for at-least  45 minutes, usually more than that.  Bocce is an hour or so a day I spend on my feet (which aint easy at my size) and walking back and forth on the course. I rarely sit down, and I am usually shuffling my feet or stepping up on the side of the course, just to get real movement in.

Other times it being on my feet working with my dog.  Or doing yard stuff or whatever it is the is moving the body.  I firmly believe at 500 pounds exercise is any movement of the body.  If people don't agree, do you want to accept a challenge?  Put on a fat suit to weigh what I way, come walk in my shows, lets see how you do.  Not happy or bragging but just saying when it is hard to stand up, anything you do is a positive.  If you don't like it, the door is over there. 

I am kicking ass and taking names with my movement.  I am doing good. I am proud.  And sure I am plugging the shit out of the Apple watch in the mean time, but who cares, I love it.  so... there you have it.  I love the apple watch and I love the feeling of getting all the rings closed, it helps me =)



No comments:

Post a Comment