Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rogue Challenge - Day 21 - Kid in the Candy Store





We have heard the idiom “To be a kid in a candy story” which means to be very happy and excited about the things around you, and often to react to them in a way which is silly and not controlled You should have seen him when they arrived. He was like a kid in a candy store. 

And little to nothing explains my behavior last night at the San Jose Giants game.  I mean after all it was Star Wars night and who is a bigger fan than me.  For once I am not even trying to make a fat joke.

Leia and me…

I have to admit, I didn’t want to go last night.  I was tired, a little grumpy, and basically lost in a project that I didn’t want to leave behind, because I somehow knew it would be a while before I picked it back up.  Plus, honestly, I have not been feeling so great lately. I know why, and I know what to do to pick my spirits back up and to make my body feel whole again.

However, when El Beav showed up, I got moving and heading out.  The night started off with mischief right off the bat.  That came in the form El Beav suggesting we park in Sharks Ice and sneak over into the baseballs stadium so we didn’t have to pay for parking.  However, I didn’t know or realize that if you pull into sharks ice, you can literally just drive into the back of SJ Giants parking lot and park for free.  Therefore, avoiding risk of being toed and not paying for parking.  I did this without realizing I was doing it.  However, I just chalked it up the do dark side inside of me and let it ride.  Of course half way across the parking lot, I realized, I forgot my jacket, so I had to go back and get it.  Then I walked back to El Beav when I broke out laughing.  He was like what, I just tuned and walked back to the car where I had forgotten my glasses.  When I got back he said you really don’t want to go to the game do you, but at this point I really kind of did. Something about breaking the rules sets this one off. 

Upon entering the stadium I ran into one of my first crushes if not my first.  Princess Leia.  So, I had to take the opportunity to get my photo taken with her.  



Shortly after that we bid on a few jersey's for some charity, I didn't even know about and cared less about.  I just wanted a jersey that looked like storm trooper because in my mind that is pretty fucking cool.

The Jabba Burger:

After wondering the stadium and finding Rachel working the beer bar and saying hi, El Beav and were off to find BBQ.  The San Jose Giants have a really nice BBQ place called Turkey Mike's.  However, last night in Star Wars fashion it was called Tatooine's Mikes and the menu was full with star wars puns.  There was the Darth Heater which was a hot link topped with brisket or something like this and then the Jabba Burger and that was a double cheeseburger that was topped with Pulled Pork.  Now, I have eaten a burger or two in my day, but I have never had a pulled pork double burger, one thing I can say about that Jabba is not only does he know how to dress his slave women, but he also knows how to eat a burger.  It was good.  Well honestly, the pulled pork was awesome and when the burger had pulled pork on it, it was awesome, but the burger alone, not so good.  Turkey Mike's you should fix that.  Its called real meat, not process patties.




Going Shopping for Star Wars Goodies:

As El Beav and I sat in the Tatooine Mike's Cantina we started to see fully dressed star wars peeps going and coming by.  We saw a Tie Fight Pilot.  We saw some Fett's, which are really Mandalorian's in battle armor, but most people know them as the Fett's Boba and his pop's Jango.  However, we also noticed people walking around in some sweet fucking star wars socks and I said to El Bear we should going shopping.  So we started walking around to find socks or other star wars gear.  This lead us to a SJ Giants gift shop and I will be damned if I didn't find me some storm trooper socks!  Nice!




The Rise of Jumbo Fett:

I just told you about Boba and Jango Fett.  I have always said, and yet, this is true.  I have always said if I was a Fett, I would be Jumbo Fett and last night I got an opportunity to talk it over with these two Fett's below.  The Fett to my left in the pick and the right fore the reader was told about my idea of having a Fett my size named Jumbo Fett and he loved it! He told me that was a great name. So you see it here first on my blog, so when JJ abrams and company steal that name, you know where it came from!





These aren't the droids you are looking for:

In case you haven't noticed I was walking around dressed like batman with an R2D2 hat on that had Mickey ears.  I was commercialized america last night and I could have cared less.  I wore batman to be ironic.  Next time I am going to get a batman mask and maybe a cap and just tell everyone I thought I was at a costume party.

However, I finally got my chance to take picture with a Dark Lord of the Sith and a storm trooper.  Of course El Beav yelled at me b/c I cut in front of a kid. I really didn't see them, I was to transfixed on Vader.  It is at this point I knew I was pretty much in heaven.

I was standing there and I asked Vader if he would take a picture with the Batman.  He said of course.  So I walked over and I tried to cut the storm trooper out, he is a little short after all for a storm trooper.

As I am standing there Vader tells me, I used to own a droid like that, to which I giggle and almost corrected him, because he never actually owned R2D2 his secret wife did, but I also didn't feel like getting choked out.  However what I did tell Vader and his mini storm trooper was these aren't the droids he was looking for.  Yes, I held witty banter with the evilest mother fucker in the galaxy.  Vader actually giggled a little bit.  Ya, I am that fucking funny, I can make sith laugh.




Gigante...


He is the mascot for the SJ Giants.  I think he is a dumb mascot. I took the picture to make a friend laugh, b/c they know the person who dresses up like them.  But anyway, I can rock n roll with anyone so I did.



Batman vs Superman -  f the dawn of justice



That is right I found super man last night... So i stood up to this man of steel.



Then I kicked his ass!  Who needs a DC movie when I can just work super man over right here in San Jose.  I won the fight just like in the comic books Batman beats Superman, of course I didn't need a super iron man like suite laced with kryptonite and Green Arrow hitting him with a kryptonite arrow, I just punched him in the face b/c I am a bad ass....

Winning a jersey and field level:

I won the auction on the #2 jersey i put money down on.  I paid 101 dollars for an authentic jersey.  or so I thought b/c right after I got my jersey and walked off I saw someone else wearing a #2 jersey.  I have to admit I was a little fluster by that especially since they just handed me a certificate of authenticity.  I walk off and see someone else in my jersey.  So, I walked over and asked Leia wth.  How could this be?  She didn't know but put me in touch with this other lady.  The other lady explained that not all jersey's were worn by players and some numbers got doubled ordered and something something something.  I just said can I get my free tickets for the mickey ears and she said yes.  However, as she handed me free game tickets for wearing my star wars stuff she also gave me two free tickets to BBQ at Turkey Mike's.  I can't even begin to tell you how much my opinion of this women changed when she gave me free BBQ.  She suddenly became a real MILF and I noticed the nice sexy boots she was wearing.  I am not sure if this makes me a bad person and I don't really care, what I do know give free BBQ and your stock goes way up in my mind.

Part of winning the jersey was after the game you got to go on the field and get your jersey from your player.  Well my player didn't exist and the other person wearing the number to was actually working the kids jump house and I really didn't want his jersey.  So, just enjoyed field level, while El Beav waited and waited to the very end to get his Jersey from his player, and get it autographed.  The hope of course was that some day he would become famous and it would be worth something to El Beav, but the best part of that was his person turned out to be  coach.  We waited until almost midnight to get this fucking jersey signed and it was by a coached... I think this was all bad JuJu for stealing parking and beating down superman... but oh well...  all in all what a cooling night...

mostly, and I know this might sound dumb it was my first friday out since August 2, 2013 an unforgettable night in its own right, I drank and danced and well probably got drunker than any other time in my 30's....  the point was it felt good to be out in the world and not hiding at home.  It felt good to have plans and actually do something.  I have been a hermit for so long because of my weight.  Have to remember that next time I decided to take two weeks off my diet plan that I am fighting for something called my life... I am almost 40 and I felt like a kid last night and I felt great and I have so much living still to do... I just have to remember and focus on getting better!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment