Tuesday, July 25, 2017

not muc to say....



My body is sore.  Every muscle in my arms and back hurt.  It isn’t a bad hurt, but a good one.  I started Black Fish’ing again last week.  I made it a point after I fell down so hard a week ago Sunday after the Game of Thrones Premiere to get myself up and going again.  Since that day I have been at the pool four times.   I have swum 3100 yards and aqua walked 2400 yards.  

My breathing still doesn’t feel right on my freestyle.  Almost to the point that ever stroke and every lap it torture.  I don’t know if it is because my breathing has become so much shallower the fatter I got, I mean after all the last sleep test I took definitely said I was a shallow breather.  I don’t know if it is fear from having my face in the water.  I don’t know if my stroke is just broken.  I have times when I am stroking to the walk and I literally get a rush in my body like I am in panic mode and have to get to the wall.  It is a rush of energy but not a good one.  It is like that rush I get when I get my blood taken, it is the fear and it is just waiting for me. It really freaks me out.  Two years ago, I tried to change my breathing technique on my freestyle by going to a bi-lateral breathing technique and ever since then I have made issues trying to get the right breathing combo down.  I am sure it is some combo of panic and shallow breathing.  I am not sure why I am so panicky, I can put my feet down at any point and get my head out of the water. It is a trip for sure. I keep fighting it. I wonder if you could get as good a workout form doing breast and back as you can from free.  Breast is so easy for me I just assume I am cheating whenever I do it.  

Walking in the water is different.  First there is a ton of resistance pushing against you.  Whether you are going forward or backwards I guess it doesn’t really matter either way the water is giving you resistance. I normally walk backwards because that is what the old dudes at the pool do.  They seem to have it down and they a walk for a mile.  So I watch them and try to copy what they are doing. I have no idea if I am I am doing it right and often feel like I am not.  I am looking up videos on YouTube but can’t find any that do that backwards walking.  So, I just keep experimenting and each day my legs are sore, so I figure I am doing something right.  I really like walking in the water because it is like walking on the land which was something I loved but my knees and hips don’t kill me from my weight.  That is a major plus.  15 minutes out of the pool is a struggle but 15 minutes in the pool is a glide.  I want to learn proper technique.  I am thinking of asking the front desk at the pool to put me in touch with one of their therapist to see if I can get them to show me the proper way.  I think it is important to have good form.

I got to the gym Sunday pretty early.  I was hoping to get a sneak attack swim in early, so I could get to TJ’s and then get home and get the ribs on the smoker.  However, when I got to the lap pool it had been invaded by an army of blue hairs and some lady standing on the side of the pool who appeared to be dancing.  It was like she was calling the move in and then the blue hairs would follow.  I was frustrated because I was on a time line.  However, I didn’t let it get me down.  I am luck that the place I go actually has 3 pools.  A therapy pool inside well it is for therapy.  A family pool for people and their families to swim in.  Finally the lap pool well ya know to swim laps in.  I was lucky on this Sunday morning that no one was in the family pool.  So I decided to get in there and crank out a walk.  I had been debating about walking or swimming laps on the car ride from home and my answer was given to me.  So, I hoped in the pool and started my backwards strut with high knees into my gut and the whole nine yards.  However, it turns out the family pool has a deep end that was much deeper than what I could touch in.  Frustrated again, I was at a loss, maybe I should just pack it up and go home.  No, but I was determined.  So, I decided to count my steps across the pool from side to side in water I could touch in.  It was about 20 steps.  The lap pool took me about forty steps to go from side to side and well I know this because I am a compulsive counter in the pool. I count each stroke and each step I take.  I have no idea why I do this but I do.  So, I decided I would walk 60 lengths and that should be about a half mile per my calcs.  So, I walked and a half hour later I had done my distance.  It was fun, I really enjoyed it.  However, as I was walking I kept watching the blue hairs and man it looked like they were having fun.  So, I went and got the class list to see what they people were doing and it was Aqua Zumba.  It looked fun and I am really thinking maybe I should give it a try.    

Well, I don’t really have a ton to report. I am sore but a good sore.  I am tired but a swimming a lot tired.  I didn’t fall to pieces after this week’s GOT so that was good. I had a plan in place and it worked pretty well.  

I am starting to set boundaries for myself.  I am tired of people always asking me about my weight and weight watchers.  There is a lot more to me than mu weight.   I want people to see that and understand it. I don’t need 20 people telling me I need to be focused on my weight or watch what I put in my mouth.  It is important, I get it.  I am working at it.  I am following a plan.  Maybe not one that everyone thinks I should, but that hasn’t worked for me in the past, so I am forging ahead on my own path.  Paying attention to what goes in my mouth.    Really thinking about if I like it or not.  What I have realized. Is I don’t like In and Out fries, like dunking thinks into a lot of ketchup.  Ketchup has a ton of sugar in it.  So, what I really like is the big blob of red sugar on my plate.  When you stop and just taste the fry, it is nothing but a crispy potato.  Take the Salt off them and then you are really stuck with potato sticks that don’t add a lot to a meal.  (Note: I always get my in and out fries without salt now and I always get them extra well done b/c a man likes his fries to be crunchy).  I also learned eating and in and out burger without ketchup has a totally different taste then dipping it into a huge read sugar blob.  When you put it into the sugar blob all you taste is the blob.  When you take a bit without dipping it you get an explosion of flavor.  You can taste the onion, the cheese, the tomato.  I know that hemp seeds and chia sees in my smoothie makes the first smoothie I have ever had that I get shit in my teeth. The thing is I am doing it and that is a good thing!!!

Not bad for writers block =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment