Monday, November 14, 2016

A long time in the making...






For the longest time I have had this vision in my head about what normal people do each morning before they go to work.  I have this insane sitcom like vision in my head that the family all sits down around a breakfast table and has time to read the morning paper, eat breakfast, walk the dog, etc... etc... However, for the last 17 years I have been waiting to have one of these normal mornings.  One in which I didn't sleep till the very last minute.  One where I wasn't running out the door with my oh shit face on, saying if I don't speed I am gonna be late again.  Part of me thinks the sitcom breakfast is a figment of my imagination.  I mean after all i don't recall even having it growing up.  Now I think the chaos that took place when their were four children growing up together with very distinct schedules somehow tarnished this.  See how we all had our own agenda, whether is sports related, school related, or just plane loving to sleep and not caring if I ate breakfast or not and waiting to the last possible moment to jump in the shower and then pull on some sweat pants and head to school.  Yes, my senior of high school yes I went all George Costanza and gave up and wore sweat gear to school for like 40 some straight days.  Man, I loved me some sweat gear.  I had an all purple sweat gear outfit and I rolled around looking at all Grimace and I was proud of that.

I digress of course.  That is just what I seem to do these days.  Go down a never ending path to now where. This morning I had what I think was as close as I might ever come to the sitcom breakfast. Mainly, because I got up and cooked breakfast and sat down and ate it looking at a picture my buddy the Beav hung for me this weekend. I also walked the dog and took her out to potty. I even had time to clean up after myself once I was done cooking.  OK, so that is a stretch I wiped up the counter and put the pans in the sink. Better than not doing anything with them I guess. 



I think the point of all this nonsensical rant is that I had time to make breakfast this a.m. and then drive into the office.  My breakfast was about 25% of my intake for the day.  So that over three meals and snack is not to shabby.   I was at work right at 9, and it only took me 12 minutes to get here.  There was no stress.  I was not rushed.  I was well pretty relaxed and not worried about the commute.  That was a good thing.  A real good thing, or so i think!  Also spent time yesterday cooking.  Made me some chili and pulled pork.  So the new week is off to a good start.  Or it was until I bit into one of my sandwiches and sprayed my self with egg yolk.  Shiner got a kick out of that trying to clean the mess off me b/c I did the eggs over easy which I have become pretty good at and without thinking i just bit in and explosion and egg every where. 

Shiner came to visit for a week.  I think she is adapting to the new place.  However, she scared the living shit out of me last night.  When I took her out back to make pp at 2 a.m. and the second she stepped out the back door she growled and all the hair on her back stood up.  I was like oh know there is a fucking boogen out their.  She then proceeded to go over and make potty and come back in.  I locked up quickly and turned the alarm back on.  However, when we got up this a.m. for the morning meal I saw what she was freaking about.  There was not one but two cats in my back yard this a.m. and she all but begged me to let her out to get them. I did not... b/c first i think the cats would totally kick Shiner's but!  And in off chance she got one of them, I didn't want cat scattered across my back yard. 

Shiner on her first visit to Livermore:




No comments:

Post a Comment