Monday, August 20, 2018

List of your goals: 2018/2019

Be Pain free – my knees hurt when I walk, my hips hurt when I walk.  It is hard to stand up for five minutes let alone walk to my boss’s office.  People at work come to me; I don’t go to them, because they know I am in pain.  I walk with a partial limp.  I don’t so much walk as I waddle from place to place.  I am tired of the non-sense and since I started actively moving in the pool it has gotten better.  However, I am not there yet, but I know I am on my way.  PAIN FREE IN 2019, LET ME HERE IT!!!! PAIN FREE IN 2019!!! PAIN FREE 2019!!!


I want to lower my blood pressure.  I have hypertension.  I have had it for a long time and I am sick of it.  My BP is controlled now by medicine, I don’t want that anymore, I want it to be controlled by good habits.

Get out of AFIB.  My cardiologist told me to come out of AFIB for good; I need to lose 200 lbs.  I am not sure if that is the right number or not, but I want to give it hell anyway and get out of AFIB.  I am 42 years old and constantly worried about my heart.  Well not worried enough to stop eating, but that is part of the oxymoron that is my life right now =)

Get off my medications.  For AFIB and blood pressure I take 7 medications: DILTIAZEM 24HR ER 240 MG CAP(1 per morning), FLECAINIDE ACETATE 100 MG TAB (1.5 doses 2 times a day), FUROSEMIDE 40 MG TABLET (1 per morning), LOSARTAN POTASSIUM 50 MG TAB (1 per morning), POTASSIUM CL ER 20 MEQ TABLET (1 per morning), ATENOLOL 50 MG TABLET (twice a day), and Baby Aspirin (low dose) (twice a day).  It is more medication than my 80 year old father (when alive), my mother, and brother were taking combined.  I have done a lot of damage to my heart, but it is strong and it keeps ticking and now I want to support it.  I want to take care of it now. 
 
Get off anti-depressants and OCD medication – I have taken Prozac for over 20 years, my doctor changed it up about few months ago.  That plus Wellbutrin are like second nature to me.  It has been every day non-stop for longer than I can remember.  I want to get into a place with my body and mind that I can stop taking these medications.  I want be in control not the medications.
 
I want to Race Again and this probably belongs higher on the list.  I miss doing endurance events. I miss TNT, long trainings, and lots of activity.  I feel alive when I am going downhill on my bike or swimming masters.  I feel like I am indestructible when I am on the race course.  
 
I want to be able to fit into an airplane seat.  I love to travel and go places, but for the last 15 years I have hated it.  No one even in first class wants to sit next to me.  I see the look in people’s eyes.  Hey I get it; I don’t want to sit next to another fat person on a plane either.  Mainly, I just want to be able to fly coach and be comfortable in one seat, not two, not first class, just one seat.
 
Ride Roller-Coaster and Water Slides… There was a time in my life I thought I lived to get radical.  Ha hah! Not really but there was a time when I loved to ride the rails of roller coaster and slide through tubes of water.  I want to get back to that.  I want to be able to go do that stuff. I want a fun Saturday to be filled with activates that I love.  Not a good weekend is one where I spend 75% outside sitting down watching my puppy run in circles. 
 
I moved to California b/c I got a job here when I really wanted to go to Denver.  The great consolation prize was San Jose.  It was an hour from the beach.  A few hours from skiing.  It had everything.  I have been to Tahoe once.  I have been to beach well a lot more than that.  However, it was the skiing that I wanted.  I wanted Colorado b/c of the mountains and the snow.  I want to be able to snow board and


No comments:

Post a Comment